tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 06:48:22 1999

Re: Another Okrand Joke?

>Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 02:42:37 -0400
>From: "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen" <[email protected]>
>
>Maybe this has already been posted to the list, or maybe I'm just imagining
>the joke, but I was reading through the last HolQeD and wondered has anyone
>else noticed the Shakespeare joke in Okrand's choice for "bottom?" Or is
>this just *too* far of a stretch?

Been noted (as had chang'eng, btw); I posted about it a while back.
Actually at the time I even asked Okrand about it; he said yeah, he meant
it.  He'd actually been considering using {nIq} instead, but was afraid it
might insult Nick Nicholas (I told him Nick goes by nIchyon in Klingon
settings).

~mark

Back to archive top level