tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 06 02:54:01 1999

Re: SengwIj

muja' charghwI':

> jIltheD vIneHbe'. chora'laHbe'. choyajlaHbe'law'.

My exchanges with charghwI' typically exhibit about as much mutual
understanding as "Who's on First?" in the original Klingon, but I do see
the problem here:

jIja'pu':

>> ghunchu'wI' charghwI' je tIqIm!

ja'pu' charghwI':

> chorI'law'.

In my head, {tIqIm!} was saying, "(you, i.e., nuvnov) pay attention to
(them, i.e., ghunchu'wI' charghwI' je)! jIbachHa'law'pu', vaj HIvqa'
veqlargh! I know about chaos theory--small changes in initial conditions
and all that--but really, charghwI', did one small grammatical error throw
you off to such an extent that you thought I was giving you and ghunchu'wI'
unsolicited advice about marriage and changing your places of residence?
jIyay'!

qa'ral

Back to archive top level