tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 04 18:58:39 1999

Re: Quotation marks

I'm not sure; I think maybe it's his invented Klingon exclamation point or
period.  That would accord with the Roman transcription.  OK, so he takes a
liberty or two with unknown orthography... but his grammar is good, and
more importantly he insists that Klingon be taken seriously.

~mark

>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>
>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:17:30 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
>
>So, what is the filled triangle character? White space?
>
>On 1 Dec 1999 03:09:27 -0000 "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>> pagh recently suggested to someone that he use <> or some sort of quote
>> marks, if only for convenience.  A bit off-topic, but an interesting
>> article about the various kinds of quotes, presented to the Unicode folks,
>> is at http://www.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC2/WG2/docs/n2043.pdf
>>
>> It's also interesting because it uses Klingon(!) as an example to make its
>> point.  Never let anyone tell you Michael Everson isn't cool.
>>
>> ~mark

Back to archive top level