tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 01 03:28:26 1999

Re: Language

> jatlh Mike Crane:
>
> > I joined this list when I saw it on the KLI site.
> > I was hoping to find a way of learning Klingon online.
> > It seems to me that the vast majority of people here speak
> > very good Klingon and I feel I need to learn a lot more
> > before I can understand what most  of the messages are
> > about.
> > Is there any way I can learn Klingon via email or some such?
> > I have the dictionary and tapes, but the way they aproach
> > the language doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> Welcome to the list, Mike. Sorry I took so long to get back to you - I had a
> partially written response done this weekend, but it got eaten.
>
> You are right - the dictionary is NOT a course in Klingon. The tapes are a
> little bit more instructional, but still leave a lot to be desired for a
> Klingon student.
>
> One of the best ways to learn Klingon is just to participate in this list.
> Mark your messages as beginner messages with a KLBC in the subject line, and
> I will respond with corrections to your grammar and answers to your
> questions. Other beginners are doing this as well, and their messages are
> generally fairly easy to read. Go ahead and post some simple Klingon
> sentences and see how you do!
>
> The KLI also offers a postal course, which is a more structured way of
> learning that you might like. You can find information about it at:
> /kli/projects.html#postcourse
>

> pagh
> Beginners' Grammarian
>
> tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ
> http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm
jIjatlh
I am at this list a week now, and I must say, I have done the right thing
joining this list. Each day you can learn new words and there are also
very, very good instructions in grammar!!!!!!! But the best thing is that
you can have real discusssions in Klingon Language, this also helps me to
learn.

Regina
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##

Back to archive top level