tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 29 17:28:38 1999

Re: KLBC: Purpose Clauses

In a message dated 8/10/1999 9:31:31 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< I suppose for something to be a "clause" it must have a verb, so that's a
 reasonable way of putting it.  I tend to think of 'ej and qoj and pagh as
 *verb* conjunctions, while je and joq and ghap are *noun* conjunctions.
 A subordinate or relative clause is formed by putting a suffix on the verb
 in an otherwise unremarkable sentence.  Apparently Type 9 verb suffixes do
 not keep a phrase from being conjoined with another phrase.

DaH jIQoch'chuqbe'chu', jupwI'.

peHruS

Back to archive top level