tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 24 06:25:07 1999

Re: KLBC: Conjunctions for Numbers

jIjatlh:
>cha' wej je ghap jIbaHta'.  I fired two or three torpedoes.

QIj pagh:
>The <ghap> is fine, but you have a <je> in there that doesn't belong, and
>the prefix should be <vI->. If context makes it clear what is being fired
>(torpedoes, targs, etc.), then this is fine.

Oops. From now on, I need to proofread my posts more carefully. What I MEANT
to say was:

cha' wej ghap cha vIbaHta'.  I fired two or three torpedoes.

chup mark:
>We don't know; I personally don't have much problem with, say {cha' cha,
>wej ghap vIbaHta'} (I fired two torpedos, or three).

I hadn't considered this possibility. It seems to be the shortest form that
is also grammatically correct.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level