tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 22 00:02:21 1999

Re: jatlh pagh KLBC

ja'pu' pagh:
>Also, a verb acting as an adjective cannot take any
> suffix other than <-Ha'>, <-be'> and <-qu'>.

ja' DujHoD:
>I didn't know verbs functioning as adjectives can take {-Ha'} and {-be'}. Did
>I miss something in TKD, or did MO mention this later?

TKD only talks about {-qu'} being permitted on adjectival verbs.  But
examples from elsewhere tell us that the other rovers work.  One of
the audiotapes spoke of {yIH lI'be'} "useless tribbles", and there's
a slang {Duj ngaDHa'} "wildly irresponsible or undisciplined person"
(literally, "unstable vessel") in Klingon for the Galactic Traveler.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level