tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 20 12:54:44 1999

RE: S'Qal / KLBC

KLBC vIleghbej, 'ach jIjangQo'. mughIjmoH. {{:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pillow [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 7:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: S'Qal / KLBC

> ja' S'Qal:
> what are the 'names' of the letters in the klingon alphabet? (ie in
english
> we have 'ay' 'bee' 'see' 'cue' 'ess' 'double-u' 'wy' etc).
> most of them for all intents and purposes would be the same, like a, t, y,
> etc, but it gets kind of tedious saying 'big q', 'little q', and
> 'apostrophe' (not to mention 'the t-l-h ligature'!), so do they have
names?

You know, S'Qal, I was just wondering about that.....I was translation an
old
post in which SuStel & charghwI' were discussing their mutual dislikes of my
personal drug of choice <qa'vIn> suddenly QoghIjwIj went "Clunk!" and
FINALLY I
*got* <veychorgh>  DUHhhhh....  But where does the <vey> come from? Is it
merely
a phonetic spelling of the letter-sound? Is it okie-dokie to do the Klingon
phonetic job on non-Klingon proper names? It was confusing as ghe''or to
attempt
the translation of that sentence without being able to find that word in my
dictionaries.
    toH, do we put *'aywa'* on our Ha'DIbaH?
        Is a *bI'vaghmaHcha'* made of Kahlua, Bailey's and GrandMarnier?
            Do you eat *qel'oghDaj  le'qay* for breakfast?.
                of course I am being facetious.
                    (*not puv Dochvam*<English idioms don't work either)
    Qu'vatlh! 6am, Alaska time. jIQongnISqu'!
        pItlh.               pIl'o' (formerly pI'lo)

Back to archive top level