tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 18 14:10:08 1999

RE: HablI' tInaDqu'!

jatlh charghwI':
> Hab SoSlI' Quch.

jatlh HomDoq:
>lan wovDaq bISuvvIp!

jatlh ~mark:
> nuqjatlh?

jatlh HomDoq:
> oh, well, I just wanted to answer with some kind
> of insult. I know, charghwI' didn't really insult
> me, he just gave the answer to your joke, but the
> way he wrote it made a pretty good start for
> mu'qaD veS, don't you think?

> and I know, my reply is not going to impress much,
> but I just couldn't let the opportunity escape....

> and in case you really couldn't figure out what I
> was literally saying, it was supposed to be "You're
> afraid to figh in the light (in bright places)"...

SIbI' qayaj, 'ach SIbI' QachlIj vIlegh je. wot 'oHbej <lan>. DIp <Daq>
Dalo'nISba':

Daq wovDaq bISuvvIp

'ej taghlaw' mu'qaDveS jIjang jIH:

bIHe'So'qu'mo' reH SoHvo' nargh gheD.

*ALERT* - This was an example of Klingon curse warfare (mu'qaD veS). It was
not a personal attack on HomDoq - just part of a fun Klingon activity. It
was most definitely not a nice thing to say, so be careful with it in any
other context.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ