tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 17 16:14:13 1999

Re: Learning like children (was Re: Tammy - a word for today)

jatlh pagh:
>Learning vocabulary will come almost automatically if you make an
>effort to read and translate the Klingon postings that appear regularly
>on this mailing list.
>
>The best way I know of to learn Klingon is to *use* it.  Start reading
>and translating the ongoing conversations.  When you feel the urge to
>jump in with a comment, say it in Klingon.

jang Tammy:
>God knows, I've tried.  Most of them go straight over my unridged head!!
>
>I'll give it a try but, being English and full of 'British Reserve' I'm
>absolutely terrified of making an absolute idiot of myself.

rut tlhIngan Hol QInmey vI"print". "double spacing" vIlo'. tlhIngan Hol
mu'mey bIngDaq "English" Hol mughlI'ghachmey vIghItlh. QInDaq Hoch mu'tlhegh
vInuD 'ej mu'tlhegh vImugh.

yIQaghvIpQo'. DulughmoH *pagh 'ej bIghojlaH.

Sometimes I print Klingon messages. I use double spacing. I write the English
translations below the Klingon words. I examine each sentence in the message
and I translate the sentence.

Do not be afraid to make a mistake. pagh will correct you and you can learn.

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level