tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 15 18:22:32 1999

Re: Klingon "kanji" (was: Re: Vowels)

In a message dated 8/15/99 9:04:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> >In a fashion similar to Chinese if I have my druthers.  Taking one example,
>  >say I have a glyph for "water" <bIQ>.  If I modify the glyph just a bit, I
>  >make the glyph for "be weak" <puj>...
>
>  'ach chay' <'Iw> Dabuv?  bIQ rurbe'bej.  nagh qul muD joq rurbe'.
>  Qapchu'be' patqoqlIj.
>
>  -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

I mearly used the elements as an example of how the system works when forming
new glyphs for different concepts.  The list given was by no means ment to be
extensive. A while back I wrote (and then proptly lost) a "short" list of
approx. 150-200 "core words/word forming elements" upon which eveerything
else could be expanded and/or modified.  Blood {'Iw} was one of those "core
words", though it shared a meaning of "spirit" and "passion" with {tIq}.

quljIb

Back to archive top level