tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 11 22:16:03 1999

phonology

jIjegh.

Two Marks have convinced me that differing phonological
descriptive systems can describe the same language with equal
accuracy. I guess that when I read the first issue of HolQeD
(being one of about a dozen people to get the first issue when
it was originally published), I was so impressed by that article
on Klingon phonology that I got stubbornly attached to it.

jIDochpu'. jIDoghpu'. SatlhIj!

HIvqa' veqlargh!

It was the observation of the absence of {-Iy'} in the language
that got me. I realized that I was dealing with someone who has
been paying closer attention to these sounds than I have.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level