tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 10 11:06:49 1999

RE: KLBC: Chocolate

jatlh qeyloS:

> Okay then.  What would be wrong with:  nuqDaq puchpa'
> I thought the only (proper way) to way it was:
> nuqDaq 'oH (pronoun) puchpa'e'

<nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'> (note the double <'>) is the correct way to say this
in formal, written Klingon.

<nuqDaq puchpa'> is perfectly acceptable as *Clipped* Klingon. Clipped
Klingon is a form of the language that is spoken in many everyday settings.
It drops out some grammatical elements, like pronouns and verb prefixes,
that are obvious from the context. For more information on Clipped Klingon,
see TKD chapter 7 (pp 72-74).

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ