tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 10 06:08:54 1999

Re: qay' aspect jay'! Part I

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 02:06:54 -0500 Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> >Other canon sources may well throw a different light on this issue, so
> >please enlighten me.
>
> The simple and unambiguous canon source that applies here is one of the
> audiotapes.  I'm pretty sure it's the first one,  _Conversational Klingon_.
> Simple past tense is unmistakably translated exactly the same way as simple
> present tense and simple future tense.  The only difference is the use of a
> word to provide time reference for the sentence:  {wa'Hu', DaHjaj, wa'leS}.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

I'm pretty sure it goes something like:

wa'Hu' jIghung. Yesterday, I was hungry.

DaHjaj jI'oj. Today, I am thirsty.

wa'leS jIDoy'. Tomorrow, I will be tired.

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level