tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 09 01:06:26 1999

Re: canon words

> >I have noticed a few words on the
> >data base which are not TKD, KGT, or qep'a' source words.
>
> To what "data base" are you referring?

David Barron sent it to me. I think he compiled it himself. I've noticed a few
mistakes and many redundancies, plus it is missing some of the new words from
sources you have mentioned as canon sources (BTW, what is "Sky Box"?) There are
a few martial arts words listing HetaQ as source. He was the author of the
Klingon warrior martial arts book that was banned, and all copies ordered to be
destroyed, by Paramount. (I happened to snatch one out of the pyre) Ask DaraQ
about the word list. I 'spose I shouldn't use the words, then. No matter. I'm
sure thlIngan Hol has an adequate lexicon to describe the mayhem, fighting,
weapons, damage, methods of killing, and dying with or without honor for my
conversational needs. I do wish there were more anatomical words. <qIvon> is so
vague, so euphemistic for such a seemingly upfront and in your face society as
Klingon.
                        pIl'o'

Back to archive top level