tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 06 18:53:48 1999

Re: pa'mey wamtaH

ja' Voragh:
>When {Hoch} follows the noun, {jar Hoch} means "all of the month, the month's
>all, the month's everything".  (This idea is better expressed with the quality
>{naQ}: {jar naQ} "the entire month, the whole month, a full month".)

I'm not convinced that {jar naQ} means the same thing as "the whole month".
Generally, N V(adj) means about the same thing as V-bogh N, so I'd expect
{jar naQ} and {naQbogh jar} to both mean "the month which is whole".  But
since months aren't easily broken into sections and still called months,
there doesn't seem to be much of a use for such a phrase.

I am, however, convinced that {jar Hoch} *is* a good way to refer to the
idea of "all of the month", or "the whole month" when talking about some
amount of time.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level