tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 16:43:21 1999

beginner trying to read thread (RE: pure terror)

> ja' quljIb:
> >...jIHvaD SIchbogh QIbmey QIbDu''e' vIlegh...

"I see shadows (from above?) trying to reach for me."

Is that reasonably accurate?  Could someone explain the use of <<QIbmey
QIbDu''e'>> please?

> Dat nuv lughIjlu'law'bogh vItu'.

I don't quite understand the syntax.  Noun-Noun-Verb-Verb.  Two nouns in a
row is possesive or vocative, either way I grok "people everywhere".  But
what's two concecutive verbs do?  I think I know, and will presently look up
the affixes and read the K.D. to be sure.  But if someone could tell me the
correct translation of the sentence, it would be enlightening.

--John

Back to archive top level