tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 12:01:43 1999

RE: KLBC

jatlh trIQ:

> jIDo'Ha'!
> I am unlucky!

maj. I'm not saying it's good that you're unlucky, but that you got the
Klingon right :)

> mu'ghomwI' DaHjaj ghomHa'wIj moj.
> My dictionary fell apart today.

You've got the right words here, but some problems with order. To start
with, timestamps like <DaHjaj> always go at the beginning of the sentence.
The verb in the sentence is <ghomHa'>, and it should not have the noun
suffix <-wIj> attached to it. The Klingon word <ghomHa'> is a just a little
bit different from the English "scatter". In English, I can scatter seeds
over my lawn (if I had a lawn), or a group of people can scatter. In
Klingon, only the second meaning works. So the subject of the verb - the
thing that scatters - <mu'ghomwIj>. Since your dictionary is not capable of
speech, it should get the <-wIj> suffix rather than <-wI'>. Putting the
subject after the verb (remember Klingon OVS sentence order), you get:

DaHjaj ghomHa' mu'ghomwIj.

Keep practicing!

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian