tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 11:37:07 1999

RE: A question...

jatlh ngenDa' la':

> As a newcomer, I'm not sure of the answer to this.
> Do I have to wait for the same BG to respond to me
> or can anyone of the BG's respond? Or does it make
> a difference?

There is only one BG for the list, and that's currently me. There are a
bunch of retired BG's, and two full fledged Grammarians, but there is only
one active BG at a time.

When a new message shows up on the list with a KLBC (or KBLC or KLBG),
nobody is allowed to comment on the *grammar* until after the BG has
replied. This includes basically any comments about how the Klingon in the
message is written. Anyone, however, is free to comment on the *content* at
any time. The same rule also applies to messages NOT marked with a KLBC if
they are obviously from a new person who does not yet know about the KLBC
label or are obviously addressed to the BG.

Once the BG replies to the post, it's fair game for anyone to comment on.

There are a few informal exceptions to this rule: Voragh often posts a
response to all or part of a vocabulary or related question before I get to
it, and former BG's occasionally   get the urge to respond to a particularly
interesting beginner's post. I do also occasionally get behind, and the
retired BG's will help out then as well.

The purpose of these rules is to avoid flooding beginners with corrections.
In addition to message overload, when the corrections disagree or are
incorrect, the beginner can get confused and discouraged.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ