tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 06:25:12 1999

Re: *muSHa'* yImuSHa'!

> 4) <muSHa'> makes a provocative "cultural statement," as charghwI' (not a
> <muSHa'> fan) has pointed out.  <muSHa'> along with <parHa'>, <tungHa'>,
> and <nItebHa'> evoke a culture in which hating, disliking, discouraging,
> and acting alone are more primary than their opposites.

I've actually made the opposite argument - that is, that the absence of a
verb for "to love" indicates a society so brimming over with love that
they don't even consider the need for a word for it.  (Do fish have a word
for water?)

   joel anderson * http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
     **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level