tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 04 01:10:28 1999

*muSHa'* yImuSHa'!

jatlh Pillow:

> I've seen people use <muSHa'> to mean something like <love> If
> muSbe' means "not hate" consequently does muSHa' mean love?

I couldn't let this pass without putting in another plug for <muSHa'>.

!!! Disclaimer:  <muSHa'> as a translation of *to love* is non-canon (never
used by MO).  <muSHa'> is not the exact equivalent of DIvI' Hol *to love*
(neither are *aimer* *lieben* or *liubit'*, for that matter).  maghwI' ghaH
mughwI''e' net Sov.

That said, I am the founder and sole member of the unofficial <muSHa'> fan
club within the Klingon Language Institute.  Our motto is:  <*muSHa'*
yImuSHa'!>.

The <muSHa'> Lovers' Manifesto (Draft)

peqIm!

<muSHa'> deserves your first consideration whenever a Klingon verb for
*love* is required!    qatlh?

1) <muSHa'> allows Klingons to *love*, a verb which is otherwise absent
from the known Klingon vocabulary.

2) <muSHa'> has won the recognition (though not the love) of most
pabpo'pu'.  It received a powerful endorsement on this list from no less
than HoD Qanqor, pabpo' wa'DIch.
 (/tlhIngan-Hol/1999/Jul99/0194.html)

3) <muSHa'> jibes with the *Do the opposite of* sense of <-Ha'>--recently
recognized as the most common function of this suffix.
 (/tlhIngan-Hol/1999/Jul99/0365.html)

4) <muSHa'> makes a provocative "cultural statement," as charghwI' (not a
<muSHa'> fan) has pointed out.  <muSHa'> along with <parHa'>, <tungHa'>,
and <nItebHa'> evoke a culture in which hating, disliking, discouraging,
and acting alone are more primary than their opposites.

We challenge those who find <muSHa'> outside their comfort zone to jettison
tera'ngan romantic notions of love as the supreme emotion.  wejpuH!

*muSHa'* yImuSHa'!

pItlh.

qa'ral

Back to archive top level