tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 21:39:33 1999

Re: Attending a school (was RE: Daq vIDabbogh vIchoH)

ja' peHruS:
>...Therefore, when I asked why {qet} is not on the list,
>ghunchu'wI' answered me {lurgh qelbe' mu' {qet}}.

Please do not misquote me.  My answer was {lurgh qelba'be' mu'vetlh.}
The specific nuances of my suffix use are very important to what I
intended.  Since you don't seem to be tuned in to my subtleties, I
will give an explicit translation:

"It is not obvious that that word considers a direction."

The reason we do not include {qet} in the collection of words known
to have a destination as their object is that running doesn't have
an obvious destination as a primary concern.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level