tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 02 10:59:41 1999

RE: nuqDaq 'oH *platter*wIj!!

jatlh quljIb:
> > ghutpu' law vItlhob 'ej Dochmeyvam vItlhob: nuqDaq 'oH *platter*'e'?

jatlh pI'lo:
> quljIb,
>     lutlIj vItIv. tachDaq   jIvum. pIj  tachvamDaq petaQmey
> vIHoHqang. (I purposely used -mey, as I question their sentience!)

Although using suffixes like <-wIj> instead of <-wI'> is considered quite
insulting, using <-mey> instead of <-pu'> simply means that the beings are
scattered about.

> vIHoH  'e'  bot batlhwIj neH.

majQa'. I really like this sentence.

> *I could not find <ghut>. I assume it's a verb? Also I was sure there
> was a verb to express "act as if" but can't find it. *

<ghot> is a noun meaning "person", and I am pretty sure this is what quljIb
meant. <Da> is a verb meaning "behave as, act in the manner of".

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ