tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 18:38:01 1999

message to Mark / KLBC

this is a message to Seqram:
rInnIS ghIchHomwIj.
QaHlIj vIneH.
ghIchvamvaD bIpInchu'.
Sovna'vam Daghaj SoH neH, vIHar.
DatIv, vIHar.
Qapla'!                       Pillow

 **I don't know if messages to a single person are allowed. But I
probably need the BG's help.**
pagh, qathlo'.      Pillow (I haven't decided yet on pIl'o' or stay with
pI'lo)

[email protected] wrote:

> ja' pI'lo:
>
> >ps. my Klingon name is pI'lo, a pun on "to be fat". pIl'o' was pointed
> >out to me as a pun on "motivated butt" (as an aerobics instructor/person
> >with waaay too many hobbies) Is it permissible to change one's name?
> >(what would be a good way of saying, "she who should be doing
> >chores, but procrastinates by studying tlhIngan Hol") }}};-)
>
> I find myself thinking perhaps a little crudely that given your profession
> you could use as a name (or maybe a nickname, used behind your back)
> "pIlo'", meaning "we use you."
>
> As to changing your name... Hey, it's YOUR name.  It would get exasperating
> if you changed it every week, but who are we to say you can't change it,
> anymore than we can say you can't change your clothes?  I was on this list
> for a very long time before I even too a Klingon name, and no less a figure
> than Qov changed her name (she used to be wovwI').

Back to archive top level