tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 07:18:11 1999

Re: ghel pI'lo / KLBC

ja' pI'lo:

>ps. my Klingon name is pI'lo, a pun on "to be fat". pIl'o' was pointed
>out to me as a pun on "motivated butt" (as an aerobics instructor/person
>with waaay too many hobbies) Is it permissible to change one's name?
>(what would be a good way of saying, "she who should be doing
>chores, but procrastinates by studying tlhIngan Hol") }}};-)

I find myself thinking perhaps a little crudely that given your profession
you could use as a name (or maybe a nickname, used behind your back)
"pIlo'", meaning "we use you."

As to changing your name... Hey, it's YOUR name.  It would get exasperating
if you changed it every week, but who are we to say you can't change it,
anymore than we can say you can't change your clothes?  I was on this list
for a very long time before I even too a Klingon name, and no less a figure
than Qov changed her name (she used to be wovwI').

I think it's getting to be time I re-subscribe here, instead of reading on
the web.  When I get some mail stuff worked out...

~mark

Back to archive top level