tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 01 03:41:31 1999

Re: Qapla' (KLBC)

Welcome to the list, ngenDa' la'. Since you've been lurking for a while (and
it's pretty late) I'll skip the standard BG stuff and get right to your
message.

jatlh ngenDa' la':
> I just wanted to let everyone know that this "greener-than-a-$20-bill"
> beginner has gotten the problem with his software fixed and has now
> returned to the list!

maj.

> I'm not too sure just exactly how to begin (so I'll do it in
> English...forgive me!).

qay'be'. tugh tlhIngan Hol yIlo'choH neH.
No problem - just start using Klingon soon.

> My name is Bill Longton. I am going to use the
> Klingon name <ngenDa' la'> when I sign a post.

maj. pongvetlh vIparHa'qu'.

I really like that name. It follows Klingon phonology, but still manages to
sound exotic.

> I'm open to suggestions as to the best place to
> get started in this open field of Klingon.

The best way to start is with a few very simple sentences. They can be about
anything. Describe your day, your house, your pet targ, whatever. I will
help you figure out what you did right and wrong.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level