tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 28 16:28:05 1999

Re: Kahless

>Just a thought, if I am not mistaken, the representation of Kahless would
>have been taken from the _Enterprise's_ computer banks and the minds of
>Kirk and Spock. I am sure that just as they pictured Lincoln and Surak as
>ideal, their own prejudices would have colored the creation of Kahless.

This is true.  ST Encyclopedia:
"...One might rationalize that this might have been because the image of
Kahless created by Yarnek was drawn from the mind of James Kirk, who may not
have known what the 'real' Kahless looked like."

>> As a Trekker/Trekkie I enjoy watching (and laughing at) TOS episodes on
>> SciFi. Last Monday's episode (I remember not the title) introduced the
>> lengendary Kahless--sans forehead, of course. The actor looked familiar;
>> I'm inclined to believe it was the same person who later played Kahless in
>> TNG. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

"The Savage Curtain" TOS - Robert Herron
TNG - Kevin Conway

>> In said episode, Kahless was described as "...starting the Klingons on
>> their evil was." Klingons are agressive, yes, but--with the possible
>> exception of Molor (and Veqlargh, if that once was a Klingon)--they
>> are never evil. That honour goes to the Borg. Worse yet, he was seen
>> fleeing from a pitiful attack by Kirk and Spock. This does not sound like
>> the paragon of honour we have all come to know and admire. Even the
>> Kahless of Freidman's novel, though he hid from Molor in the wilderness
>> for at least a year, was no coward.

Again, this was taken from Kirk's mind.

'ach tlhIngan Hol qelbe' De'vam.
qeylIS Daqelchugh  tlhIngan Hol Dalo'nIS

DloraH

Back to archive top level