tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 22 19:44:08 1999

RE:

Welcome to the list, Ben. My name is pagh, and I am the current Beginners'
Grammarian for the list. It's my job to help beginners learn Klingon.
Whenever you have a post you want help wtih, mark it for my attention with
the letters KLBC in the subject line. I've gotten a bit behind the past two
weeks, but I'm catching up.

jatlh [email protected]:

> tlhIngan Hol bojatlhbogh tlhIH'e' Savam.

<vam> should of course be <van>. qavan jIH. ghuvpu' chu' DIlajqangtaH.

> wa'Hu' QIn ghom vImuvta'.
> tlhIngan Hol vIHaD cha' ben 'e' vItagh.

This is quite correct - especially the placement of <cha' ben> before <'e'>
- but Klingon has a built in way to say "begin": the suffix <-choH>. You
could therefore also have said:

cha' ben tlhIngan Hol vIHaDchoH.

> chay' pabwIj bopoj?

bIpo'bej.