tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 29 03:36:16 1998

Re: opera: blind

jatlh pagh:
>the distinction. To them, it's all just <jach Ha'DIbaHmey>.
Okay, jIyaj.

>Also, a vocab note. <jach> is "scream, cry out", and <SaQ> is "cry".
    I know. That's a problem with all the languages I speak. I used the word
{jach}, and then afterwards translated it into english. I don't memorize the
translations, but I memorize the meanings. For instance, I imagine somebody
{jachtaH} and then I think about how it would be said in english.
    De'vetlh vISov. Hoch Holmey vISovbogh vIqelDI' reH qay'. mu' _jach_
vIlo'pu' vaj DIvI'vaD mu' vImugh. mu'mey neH vIqawbe' 'ach qechmey vIqaw.
DaH jachtaHbogh loD vIbuS 'ej DIvI' Hol vIjatlh.

   In my english class, we sometimes need to translate english to german,
and I know exactly what the sentence means, but I just can't say it in
German!
   DuSaQDaq DIvI' Hol wIqeltaHvIS mamughnIS. reH qechmey vIyajchu' 'ach
*german* Hol mu'mey vISovbe'.

batlh tlhIngan Hol Daghojjaj
Quvar muHwI'

Back to archive top level