tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 26 19:37:42 1998

Re: opera: travel thru

Warning!  The Klingon in this post is bending the rules because I'm
discussing time travel, for which we have no example vocabulary or grammar.

From: Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen <[email protected]>

>Theory B though says that if the device and/or metaphor you're using for
>time travel involves somehow compressing the intervening span (c.f. the
>technique used by H.G. Wells in THE TIME MACHINE), such that you
>actually DO pass through that period, it simply appears to race by so
>quickly that it's impeceptible, then you are indeed traversing or
>traveling through time.

nom lengtaHchugh jan lengwI' je, qatlh bIH leghlaHbe' bejwI'?

yIqel.  "poHjan"wIj vIchu'.  wa'nem vIghoS.  vIchu'DI' pa' 'el loDnI'wI'.
nuq legh loDnI'?

ngab poHjan 'e' leghbe'.  SaH.  QIt vIH lIngwI' 'ach leghlaH loDnI'.

If you're traveling through every intervening point of time at an
accelerated rate (in either direction), then you exist in each of those
moments and observers ought to be able to see you.  This is the big problem
with THE TIME MACHINE.  What is making the time machine disappear?  Saying
it's moving too fast to see is no good, since Wells' time machine didn't
move in space while it moved through time, so it wasn't moving anywhere at
all, let alone moving too fast to see.

SuStel
Stardate 98905.2

Back to archive top level