tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 08:51:45 1998

Re: klingon opera

The only way to do this is as you've already indicated. Use a
time stamp to indicate the future you wish to describe. It
sounds like you want something like:

rInchu'lI'DI' poH Qav...

charghwI' 'utlh

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:15:15 -0800 (PST) "Lieven L. Litaer"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm helping a friend of mine to write a klingon opera (he's really good at
> it, he already has done many operas, music is already done). I'm doing the
> Klingon part (it's in german, english, chinese and klingon).
>
> He wants me to translate a hole verse that is in future tense:
> (it's about the end of the world, kind of)
>
> --- time will collapse, klingons will get lost, they will forget about time;
> the air will disappear, everything will disappear; the klingon homeworld
> will cease exiisting, and so on --- (these are not the exact words)
>
> I have no problems with the words, so don't bother with that, but how can I
> make this future thing?? "...will.."
>
> in klingon it is:
> - wa'Hu' jIghung (was)
> - DaH jIghung (am)
> - wa'leS jIghung (will)
>
> So is there no way to say it like the will-future??
> Use of -jaj? No. perhabs {tugh}?
>
>  H E L P !!
>
> Qapla' quv je
>
> Quvar muHwI'