tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 16 06:48:07 1998

Re: HIQaH!

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:53:09 -0800 (PST) Terrence Donnelly
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Someone save me!  I'm at work today, I just wrote a title on
> a piece of paper for a patron.  They looked at it, paused, and
> asked me "What's this word?".  Instead of 'month', I'd written
> 'montlh'!
>
> not SuchwI'vaD tlhIngan Hol vIghItlh 'e' vIqawnIS jay'!

ghaytan bIjatlhchu'be'. chaq DaHech:

not SuchwI'vaD tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhnIS 'e' vIqawnIS jay'!

Otherwise you are just saying that "I never write Klingon
Language for a visitor" is a fact and you much remember that
fact. It is less a fact than a priority that you must remember.
I think the {-nIS} is more needed on the first verb than the
second, since you could get rid of the Sentence As Object second
clause altogether:

SuchwI'vaD tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhbe'nIStaH jay!

I like this second one even better because my first corrected
version could also mean that you don't ever HAVE to do it, but
it is okay to do it. The second version makes it clear that it
is continuously necessary that you not write.

> -- ter'eS

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level