tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 14 11:30:22 1998

RE: KLBC

If I remove the  imperative HI from speak does the sentence lose clarity.
I'm assuming that without HI it would be more clipped Klingon. Would this
still be a proper sentence.

Is HI needed ?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Andeen, Eric
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 1998 3:10 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: KLBC

lab valQIS:

> How would I say:
>
> Ancient blood, speak to me.
> I come up with : HIjatlh 'IwtIQ
>
> Please offer any and all suggestions

This is quite close. I have only two minor corrections. First, the noun
<'Iw> and the verb <tIQ> need to stay separate words. <'Iw tIQ>
is "ancient
blood", but <'IwtIQ> isn't really anything. Second, I would put a comma
after <HIjatlh>, and I would pauses slightly after saying it.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level