tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 25 17:55:38 1998

Re: KLBC: jIghojnIS

At 20:02 98-03-24 -0800, Jerry wrote:
}IFT Sep ghom vIchenmoH.
}I formed a chapter of the IFT (International Federation of Trekkers) here.

maj. "I formed an IFT regional group."  If you want to say "here" add the
word {naDev}, at the BEGINNING of the sentence.

}Duj HoD jIH.
}I am the ship's Captain.
majQa'.

}wa' yaS tlhIngan.
For this thought you need to use the syntax at the end of section 6.3, and
look at section 5.2 to see how to say "first."  {wa' yaS} is "one officer"

tlhIngan ghaH yaS wa'DIch'e'

"The first officer is a Klingon."
}tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH 'e' QaQ qech.
}It would be a good idea for me to learn the Klingon language.

You have {tlhIngan Hol vIghojtaH} "I go on learning Klingon" and {QaQ qech}
"the idea is good." Both are grammatical, but neither is the object of the
other, so you can't use {'e'} to link them.

Try something like ...

{tlhIngan Hol vIghojchugh QaQlaw' ghu'}  "I think it's a good situation if I
learn Klingon."

Re-read section 6.2.5 to see when you use {'e'}.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level