tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 25 10:42:27 1998

Re: Mike's New Handle!

: KCD's Language Lab yields the following:
:     {charghbej vIt}
:     "The truth shall conquer."
: Marc Okrand adds,
:    In this Klingon proverb, the suffix {-bej}, following the verb {chargh}
:    "conquer," means "certainly" or "undoubtedly."  Thus, "there's no doubt
:    that the truth shall conquer."  The word for "truth" is {vIt}, and it's
:    also found in the word {vItHay'}, the "truth test."
:
: SuStel

Thanks again for the citation.  From the novelization I knew that this
refered to the Klingon belief that in a duel, whoever has the truth on
his/her side will emerge victorious.  Sort of a warrior's ordeal or trial by
fire.  Whether this is really true... well, I guess it was for Vok.

Voragh

Back to archive top level