tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 21 21:15:03 1998

Re: to charghwI'

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:46:25 -0800 (PST) Michael & Enilce De
Ramo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello charghwI'.
>
> 	I was looking at your "New Klingon Words" page at the KLI and you have
> listed some words which I would like you to explain to me:
>
> 	QongDaqDaq - a noun in bed ???

The whole reason I annotate these things is so that you can look
up the source yourself:

[QongDaqDaq - (n) in bed {TKW page 40}]

If you pull up The Klingon Way and look on page 40, you find:

QongDaqDaq Qotbe' tlhInganpu'. "Klingons do not lie in bed."

I chose to include this as a word to prove that {QongDaq} was
indeed a Klingon word meaning "bed" and not just a noun use of
the verb {Qong} to speak of a sleeping place. The {-Daq} on
{QongDaq} is not a suffix. It is part of the root noun. I
thought that was worthy of mention.

> 	ghojmeH taj - what makes it different from a normal {taj} ?

If you get the Klingon CD, you can go to the Language Lab and
find out. It is a knife for a boy; one to help him learn how to
use a knife, hence a knife in order to learn.

> 	Thanks,
>
> 		juplI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level