tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 20 20:06:30 1998

Re: [KLBC]: Family

At 12:09 98-03-17 -0800, peHruS wrote:

}I do not see {-jaj} and {-ghach} as conductors of relativity.  In
}neither case does a main clause suffer affect because of its use.  (Actually,
}I'd like to hear discussion from any/all of you folks as to why/whether you
}see evidence of a main clause being affected from the use of {jaj} or
}{-ghach}, or for that matter {-wI'}).

{-jaj}, {-ghach} and {-wI'} do not make the clause whose verb they are
attached to part of a relative clause.  Speaking of type 9 suffixes as
creating relative clauses is a generalization.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level