tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 18 08:45:03 1998

Re: tlhingan *voicemail*

: >	tlhingan *voicemail jiqon jineH.  But I can't figure out exactly
: >how to say "i'm not here", and I can't find message in TKD.  choQaH?
: >k'lana
:
: jISaHbe'  -  i'm not here (its in TKD)
:
: DloraH

Keep in mind, though, that in good Klingon fashion, {jISaHbe'} "I am not
present" also means "I don't care" (look up {SaH} in TKD) -- which I rather
like as an ambiguous voicemail or answering machine "greeting".
Klingon-speaking callers will get the double entendre, the rest won't
understand it anyway.

Other ways to say "I'm not here" are {jIDach} "I'm absent" or the
over-literal {naDev jIHtaHbe'} "I am not (located) here".

- Voragh

Back to archive top level