tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 14 23:04:22 1998

Re: Question abotu Klingon Translation

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:05:32 -0800 (PST) Katie Moncelsi
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if any one you saw Star Trek: Voyager "The Killing Game"
> There was some Klingon in it. Does any one know the translation of it?
>
> B'Elanna

Klingons opened their mouths and syllables happened, but I
didn't hear any words. I didn't listen particularly hard,
either, since the TV show so notoriously butchers or ignores the
language. They did mispronounce {Qapla'} a lot. It is {Qap-la'},
not {ka-plaaaa}.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level