tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 07 21:39:01 1998

Re: klingon font disc ... 2

>Forgive me. I appreciate the effort to assist me in using the font disc,
>but it was a humiliating defeat. I followed your instructions to the
>letter, but could not even access the read me files. There is a brief
>introduction which seemed to outline and summarize chapters (Chapters in
>the read me files?), as well as a file providing examples of Klingon
>text (all types contained in the disc). But all further efforts were
>greeted with a terse 'invalid file name', or 'cannot locate...'. Friends
>(long moved away and inaccessable) have used my disc, so I figure that
>it is possible (All things are possible for Klingons- just try to tell
>us otherwise), but I find myself frustrated at every attempt. When I get
>to the menu for the disc (with 'KLI PID', 'KLI TTF', et al icons), where
>do I go from there? If it helps, I'm using a Packard Bell Legend 408CD,
>with a pentium processor. I'm certain I installed it correctly (as per
>your instructions). Now I wonder if perhaps the disc was somehow damaged
>at some point and is now unusable. If so, precisely how do I obtain a
>replacement?

Well, I don't really know what you're talking about (I got the Mac font
disk), but what you're supposed to use it for is in your word processor, it
should show in the font listing in Word, write, wordpad etc.  Almost
anything that has a font menu can use it (under Windows).

If you truely cannot use the font (It's a *font*, not a program - you use
it under programs running under Windows, not DOS), email Dr. Schoen
([email protected]) about it (it might be you're unlucky...).

--
Worf, Son of Mogh (Worf Rozhenko)

[email protected]

IRC: EFNet: Worf/wo`rIv
  StarLink: Worf
    SL-IRC: Worf
(Mask to look for: *!*@*.direct.ca)

URLs: http://worf.home.ml.org or http://www.home.ml.org/worf

Email/reply to [email protected] with "**PGP KEY**" in the subject to get my
public key.

Back to archive top level