tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 06 14:44:21 1998

Re:English - thlIngan - german

Dr. Lawrence said it so well:

----Dape'---
----Clip----
--schnitt---

Nothing would make me happier than to see more Klingon speakers in other
nations. The KLI welcomes the assistance of members in countries outside
the USA who can act as its agents and promote the language, and over the
years we have had people doing just that, in Scotland, England, Brazil,
South Africa, Australia, and yes,  even Germany. Promoting Klingon and
the KLI in other countries takes a lot of time and effort, and the
volunteers who do this for the KLI burn out quickly. New volunteers are
always welcome; just send me a note.

So, by all means, promote the use of Klingon throughout Germany, but
don't draw away or otherwise dilute the German input to this mailing
list. We are, and will for some time be, a very small linguistic
community; it is still time to build, not to scatter. If you would see
this community strengthened, then I encourage you to add your resources
and energies to what the KLI has already amassed in the past six years -
our membership, our collected experience, our formal relationships with
Paramount and Pocket Books, our personal relationships with Marc Okrand
himself and numerous Klingon-portraying actors. This mailing list itself
is a prime example. It existed before the creation of the KLI, and as
the KLI grew the list was given into our keeping. David Barron's postal
course is yet another example of the efforts of individuals donating
their work to the care of the KLI to further promote the language. And
where do I begin to acknowledge the thousands of hours of assistance
provided by the Grammarans on this list over the years?

----Dape'---
----Clip----
--schnitt---

qo'mey poSmoH Hol,
Lawrence

Your sentances are getting shorter, is all well?
Here I would like add a few thoughts:

bIjatlh;

----Dape'---
----Clip----
--schnitt---

>[email protected], Subject: Join list

>Further suggestion? Questions?
>HIghoS

HIjaH!
Yes:

> ... das klingonische Sprachinstitut?

ETWAS HABEN WIR! Meistens im Englisch, aber; ein Deutsche BG brauchen
wir,
kein andere "Institut." We have a Klingon Language Institute!
While mostly written in English, we could use a German "Beginners
Grammarian",  not another entire institute.

Perhaps Lothar "Khan" Irrgang <[email protected]> is volunteering!?

>Yet, the idea to create a german version of the klingon language
>institute. Also with a mailinglist as its "heart".

>Bitte sprich nur Hol oder Deutsch!
>Please use Hol or german language only!

Warum? Wir haben im "KLI-List"Deutsche oft geschreibt.
Why? We have often written (amongst ourselves) German in the KLIs'
mailing list.

We could use the support, perhaps even a "Mirror" site in Germany. Not
the competition.

qo'mey poSmoH Hol,
valwI'na' Qor'etlh
{hilfe! Wo' ist meinen Raumschiff?!}
"nuqneH,  vISaH'a' nuqjatlh? "{{:-)/*/
{What, me worry?=Was, Sol ich angst haben?}