tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 04 18:05:05 1998

KLBC: SIS voDleH

something came up in my thlingan Hol class tonight that we weren't sure
about, so I thought i'd throw it to the linguist-wolves ;)  Well, really a
couple of things.

First, can you use the noun-noun construction to say "Arthur, King of the
Brittons"  (That is, brItanpu' voDleH)?  That is, he is the 'owner' of his
subjects;  if not, what would work better?

Also, the -wI suffix implies 'the person who does that thing' (as in a
baHwI').  so a meQwI' would be someone who burns things, no?  And so how
would you say "the person who burns this _specific_ thing?  verenganpu'
meQwI'?

and, out of curiosity, if my simple questions (in english no less :)
haven't annoyed you already, is there a noun form of SIS and what's the
name of the ferengi homeworld?

thanks :)
Jaime (nameless so far-jemIy just looks sad :)

Back to archive top level