tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 04 14:21:29 1998

Re: English - thlIngan - german

Marc Ruehlaender wrote:

> Qov told lotHar:
> > >If you make something else take form, use the
> > >{-moH} suffix {tlhIngan Hol De' QaywI' vIchenchoHmoH} - "I begin to build a
> > >Klingon language server."
> > You mean:"I cause the server to be build"??
> > Did I get this right?
> >
> TKD *german*Daq "chen" mughHa' mughwI'.
> rapbe'qu' "chen" "aufbauen, gestalten" je.
> rap "chen" "sich bilden, Form/Gestalt annehmen" je.
>
> rap "aufbauen, gestalten" "chenmoH" je.
>
> [...]
> > qayajqang
> >
> rapbe' "-qang" "wollen, anstreben (futurisch)" je (page 165).
> rap "-qang" "willens sein" je (page 39).
>
> rap "wollen" "neH" je.
> rap "anstreben" "strive for" je.
>
>                                            Marc Ruehlaender
>                                            aka HomDoq
>                                            [email protected]

  Tada! Here it is again, my favorite topic: "Das offizielle Wörterbuch"

If you try to teach German people who can't speak English Klingon, you
have a
problem: The German edition of TKD has more errors than anything else in
it. I
really can't recommend using it. Even if you have an errata list...
eh... book,
it's annoying. :-(

HovqIj

Back to archive top level