tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 26 14:58:24 1998

Re: taHjaj wo'

From: Robyn Stewart <[email protected]>

>DIS naQ jIloS jIH vIHevpa'.

This is an interesting sentence, and I wanted to comment on it.

First off, there's that "whole <time period>" again.  Since "most of the
23rd Century" is known to be {tera' vatlh DIS poH cha'maH wejDIch HochHom}
(I think that's correct; my records aren't what they used to be), I tend to
think that "a whole year" would come out {DIS Hoch}.

Whether you agree with {DIS naQ} or {DIS Hoch} (I'll choose the latter for
the rest of this matter), what we are talking about here is a time period,
not a time stamp.  Qov was waiting for the entire period, not at the time of
"all of the year."

This is where we need {qaStaHvIS DIS Hoch}: "during the whole year."

qaStaHvIS DIS Hoch jIloStaH vIHevpa'.
I waited a whole year before I got it.

SuStel
Stardate 98483.4