tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 25 04:45:33 1998

Re: messed-up apostrophes (was: Re: KLBC: poH wa|DIch Saghom)

Anthony Appleyard wrote:
<Thomas Staller wrote some Klingon text where the apostrophes reached my>
<mailer (PMAIL for DOS) as the high-order character ascii-180 (= hex B4).>
<Likely he did type the usual ' character, but his emailer uses as text editor>
<some package such as Microsoft Word  (...) because also it helps Microsoft>
<Word macro viruses to spread.)>

to make this messed up apostophe thing come to an end, here's my part of the story.
i don't use a mail client that uses microsoft word as text editor, and i didn't use the key right next to the <enter> key. what i
used instead is the apostrophe that can be found right beside the <backspace key> on german  keyboards (since i come from austria
this shouldn't sound too oddly). and yes, it is represented by ASCII B4h. so to all klingons out there, using german key mappings:
do not use this type of apostrophe key :-)

lots of words for ..., well. :-)

Qapla'
voqbe'wI'

Back to archive top level