tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 21 10:24:26 1998

Re: qep'a' word list

---Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> no subtitle spoken in the Klingon ship's corridor  > immediately after
> the attack.  On my tape the caption comes out as
> "ropyaghuHH".
>
> By the way, it's not just the Klingon speech that is > garbled like
this.
> I didn't take notes, but I think at one point the   > word "captain"
gets
> compressed to "capin", and Sulu has a line with the  > phrase "we have
> noocation Enterprise" or something like that.

This is typical of what happens to captioning if a tape is edited.
wa'logh Closed Captioning Delbogh De' vIlaD.  mumer.  QIj chamI'
Hujchugh mu'mey ghaytan *captions* luchellu', *tape* choHlu'pa'.
chovnatlhmeylIj rur chovnatlhmey muchbogh De'.

Maybe that whole edition of the tape was wrecked by editing.