tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 21 08:42:41 1998

Re: qep'a' word list

>>>   nuqDaq ghoS?
>>>   What is your destination? ST6
>
>I think it could easily have been {nuq DaghoS}.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'

Nope, it wasn't.  Here's the full entry from my transcript:

  nuqDaq ghoS?  rIn.
  What is your destination?  Over.			  [subtitles]
  nookdak gros?  reen.			 	 ["dialect" as heard]
  nugDaq ghoS?  rIn.				    [Closed Captions]
  "Whither are you bound?" (responding in the same dialect).  [novel]

The Closed Captions are conclusive, even if they do have /g/ for /q/ (which
may be the captioner's misreading of these similar-looking letters from the
printed script supplied).  In ST6, a lot of the tlhIngan Hol made it into the
captions - including a few bits of indistinctly heard "background" dialogue.
You might want to watch the movie again with the captions switched on.

Voragh

Back to archive top level