tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 19 12:42:07 1998

Re: qep'a' word list

---Steven Boozer  wrote:
[Many examples, from which I have plucked this one:]

>   nuqDaq ghoS?
>   What is your destination? ST6

This is a case similar to {Dab}.  The answer will not have {-Daq} on
it, but {nuqDaq}, not {nuq} is used to ask for the verb's object,
because it is a location.  A better example than nuqDaqvo' to
illustrate the point.

I guess I just wanted there to have been a nuqDaqvo'.  I *like* a
language to have a whence and a whither.  DIvI' HolvaD notlh mu'meyvam
'e' vIpay. rut Soy' "where to" "from where" je. bIH poltaH Russia Hol
'e' vISov.  Hutlh France Hol.  chaq wa'logh SaH, vISovbe'.  qechvam
Daqel DaneHchugh, e-mail HIlI'.