tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 18 14:14:10 1998

Re: SIS

From: [email protected] <[email protected]>

>In a message dated 98-06-15 20:53:48 EDT, SuStel writes:
>
><<
> Hogh bID
> half of the week? >>
>
>What canon do we have on the placement of {bID}.  I thought it is a number,
>which means I would have placed it BEFORE the noun.

I never said there was canon.  That's what the "?" is there for.  It follows
with my analysis, presented some time ago.  If {bID} works the same as
{Hoch}, {HochHom}, and {'op} (something I think likely, given that it's a
noun and not a number), then it will probably go along with the logic of the
argument.

Hoch Hogh
each week

Hogh Hoch
all of the week

bID Hogh
half of the weeks

Hogh bID
half of a week

This is speculation, not fact, and not conclusive.

SuStel
Stardate 98461.2

Back to archive top level