tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 17 03:29:23 1998

RE: KLBC

> In a message dated 98-06-15 10:25:53 EDT, bclawson wrote:
>
> << bomvam tera'ngan Holvo' vImughta': >>
>
> Is this not an illegal usage of {-vo'}?

This might be a good time, as the list's administrator, to gently remind
everyone of the KLBC policy.  Posts sent with 'KLBC' in the subject are for
the Beginner's Grammarian to correct, and are expressly off-limits to other
list members, as far as grammar is concerned.  Once the BG has fired the
first shot, others may follow-up on the post.  Of course, if you want to
comment on the *content* and not the *grammar* (in which case the reply
should be in Klingon), there's no need to wait for the BG.

This information is in our FAQ:

http://www.bigfoot.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm#2.4

I myself have inadvertantly violated this policy; sometimes it's hard to
remember to check every subject line for 'KLBC'.  I'm not punishing anyone,
but sometimes a little public humiliation doesn't hurt.  ;)  (qeylIS knows
I've had *my* share of that!)

> peHruS

--Holtej

Back to archive top level